Topeka Chamber Foundation
The Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce Foundation was formed as a 501 (c) 3 organization
The Foundation will primarily support programs that address the following purposes:
- Provide educational and training opportunities designed to qualify persons, primarily the unemployed or underemployed, for employment.
- Promote education and training for lifelong learning and improvement of job skills.
- Support the advancement and diffusion of knowledge and understanding of economics, matters of public concern, finance, education and training, housing, human relations, problems of minority groups, science and technology, agriculture, economic planning and development, international relations and other subjects related to improved efficiency, development and acceleration of both the quality and quantity of economic growth and employment opportunities in Topeka and Shawnee County.
- Provide or support programs which reduce or eliminate prejudice and discrimination and promote an understanding of the value of diversity in the market place, including the attraction or retention of employers which provide and support diverse employment opportunities, in economically distressed areas.
A sampling of programs funded by the Foundation include:
- Supporting redevelopment efforts in downtown and East Topeka.
- Topeka/Shawnee County First Opportunity Fund, a revolving microloan program targeted to socially and economically disadvantaged individuals in Shawnee County.
- Entryway beautification in Topeka and Shawnee County.
- Helping start new small entrepreneurial businesses.
- Assist community leaders in participating in benchmarking visits to other communities.
- Heartland Visioning, a community-wide strategic visioning organization.
Contributions from local businesses and industry, as well as individuals and governmental or charitable sources are welcome. For further information contact:
President and CEO
Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce Foundation
120 SE Sixth Avenue,
Officers & Board Members (2013)
Coleen Jennison, Chair, Cox Communications
Neil Dobler,Chair-elect, Bartlett & West
Brent Boles, Treasurer, Schendel Pest Control
Greg Schwerdt, Immediate Past Chair, Schwerdt Design Group
Doug Kinsinger, Secretary, Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce
Ex-Officio Board Members
Maynard Oliverius, Community Volunteer (Retired from Stormont-Vail HealthCare)
Karla Clem, M-C Industries
Randy Goldsmith, CB Richard Ellis, Inc.
Jim Ogle, WIBW Channels
Curtis Sneden, Collective Brands
Elected Directors (term expires 12/2013)
Elizabeth Barranco, Capitol Federal
Glenda DuBoise, Community Member
Elected Director (term expires 12/2014)
B.J. Hickert, Newbury, Ungerer & Hickert
Elected Director (term expires 12/2015)