In honor of National Taco Day, on Oct. 4, we would like to provide you with a list of a few places to get tacos el excelente! For more authentic tacos make sure you pay a visit to El Ranchito,. If tex-mex is more your jam, then Qdoba is the place for you. One thing is certain there are tacos for just about everyone: chicken tacos, beef tacos, shrimp tacos or fish tacos. However you taco, one of these members has you covered.
- El Ranchito, located at 2800 SW Fairlawn Rd., is a locally owned small business and has some of the most authentic tacos around. They have it all: the fish taco, the shrimp taco, the carne asada taco. You can get an order of three tacos for only $6! How can anyone pass that up?
- Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, located at 2614 SW 17th St., just opened up and if you haven’t had a chance to go in there, then National Taco Day is a good excuse. They are having a great special for National Taco Day-just $1 tacos. They served over 18 million tacos nationwide last year; that means their tacos must be good!
- NOTO Burrito, located at 822 N Kansas Ave., is another locally owned small business that has put its own spin on the burrito. Located in the NOTO Arts District. NOTO Burrito offers a few options of tacos; of course, there is the regular taco, but they also have a taco burger and a taco salad! They have a trio of tacos for only $6.50. Support this local business and partake in some tacos.
- On the Border, located at 1235 SW Wanamaker Rd., is a favorite restaurant. So, you know they have to have some bomb tacos. If you prefer to eat your taco in a salad, they have a Grande Taco Salad for only $10. However, in honor of National Taco Day, they will have .50￠mini crispy tacos!!
- Qdoba Mexican Grill, located at 1025 SW Wanamaker Rd., is best known for their burritos or bowls but their tacos are delicious! They serve a dish called Knockout Tacos, chef-inspired mashups that will blow your taste buds away. Mad Rancher, Bohemian Veg or the Gladiator are just a few of the tacos they serve. Venture out and try something new on National Taco Day!
Grab a friend and try some tacos this year. Tacos are a piece of happiness wrapped in a tortilla, so make sure to share! We would love to see your taco day celebration, so don’t forget to tag your photos with #TopCityEats!