Leadership Greater Topeka will celebrate its 35th Anniversary with a Gala titled “A Celebration of Leadership” on Tuesday, October 30th, 2018 at Topeka Civic Theatre. During the gala, the following 5 individuals will be recognized for their involvement and leadership in the community. Purchase your tickets here, Lifetime Alumni Members receive a discount, contact Michelle Stubblefield for more information.
Rising Star Award
– Lindsay Freeman, Director of Community Engagement, Advisors Excel
– Angel Romero, Vice President of Resource Development, United Way of Greater Topeka
– Wendy Wells, Regional Commercial Banking Manager, U.S. Bank
– Fred Patton, State Representative, Attorney, Patton Law Office, LLC
Marsha Sheahan Legacy Award
– Marsha Sheahan, Retired V.P. of Public Relations, Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce
This award named in her honor will recognize Marsha Sheahan for her long-standing commitment to the Topeka community and the leadership program. In place since 1984, Marsha ran Leadership Greater Topeka for 32 years and facilitated leadership development for over 1,152 local professionals prior to her retirement in 2015.
Michelle Cuevas-Stubblefield, executive director, Leadership Greater Topeka stated, “The awards represent levels of leadership that is needed for any community to move forward. LGT Alumni, the Advisory board and the Greater Topeka Partnership are excited for the opportunity to honor Marsha in this way and say thank you for all she has done for Topeka and Shawnee County.”