Getting around in Topeka is easy once you realize we’re set up on a grid pattern!
Street addresses in Topeka are numbered starting from Kansas Avenue and First Street downtown. Generally, the north/south streets are “named” and the east/west streets are numbers. Compass points (i.e. SW/NW/NE/SE) indicate in which quadrant of the city the address is located.
- Click here for the interactive map posted by the Shawnee County Elections Commissioner that will let you know which district you live in for legislative, city, county and school districts.
- Click here for a one-page, 8.5″ x 11″ map of the Topeka area. Great for visitors!
- Click here for a detailed online Topeka/Shawnee County map with attractions, major buildings, attractions and more identified.
- Click here for a map of the Washburn University Campus.
- Click here for maps detailing Topeka’s Street Improvement Program from the present through 2016.